General Insurance enables us to provide shield against health, travel, theft, accidents etc. It covers mostly all important sectors other than life insurance. There are a number of general insurance companies in India –
- Public Sector – 4 companies
- Private Sector – 22 companies
Types of General Insurance
- Motor Insurance – Covers accidental damages caused by two/four wheelers
- Health Insurance – Covers individual’s health against illnesses and surgery costs
- Travel Insurance – Covers loss of baggage, passport and other items we carry while traveling. Travel Insurance comes for an individual, family, student and senior citizens.
- Home Insurance – Covers home against natural calamities like earthquake, flood etc and man made mishaps like fire, theft etc.